Happy Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel!

| |
Today, July 16, is the Feast Day of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

Mama and I joined the procession in culmination of the novena masses to our Lady of Mount Carmel. It was an hour procession from the Carmelite Monastery Cebu towards St. Joseph's Parish Mabolo with the images of the Carmelite Saints and the miraculous image of the Lady.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel,Carmelite Monastery Cebu City Our Lady of Mount Carmel,Carmelite Monastery Cebu City Our Lady of Mount Carmel,Carmelite Monastery Cebu City


Mama and I followed the Society of the Angel of Peace (SAP) brothers and sisters with their founder Msgr. Cris Garcia. The image of the Lady of Mount Carmel went out last from the Monastery and she did looked splendid with the flowers around Her.

In honor of the Lady, I'm going to share a testimony of how She granted my prayers.

For once in my life, I felt I was alone. I was jobless and I was loveless. Funny but true. I heard about other people's prayers granted by the Lady. So then, with faith, I started my novena to Our Lady of Mount Carmel. I religiously visit the Carmelite Monastery with my close friend Beth during that nine consecutive days. I prayed for a good job and yes, I prayed for a love from a good man. In other words, I prayed to be happy.

On my fifth day of my novena, I received a phone call from a friend. She was the one who read my online application for the job position. If I'm not mistaken, it was Academic Coordinator. Unfortunately, I lack the experience for the position that I was applying for so she offered me another job. I thought about a job in line with my academic knowledge or experience. I have a degree in Psychology and was once a Guidance Counselor so I thought of landing in a job that is at least related to them. But the job offered is actually not at all related to any of the two. I gave it a shot anyway.

Before I went to church for my 7th day novena, I went to the office for an interview. By the way, the position is Technical Coordinator. Yes, you read it right, technical and according to my friend that if I'll be hired, I'll be joining in a group of males, about 30 males, mostly engineers, or shall I say, all of them engineers from different field. There was two of us to be interviewed. The other one is a very tall lady who has backgrounds in the said job description. During my turn, I wasn't interviewed at all. But the 'boss' just gave me orientation instead, I wondered!

Fast forward, I was hired. Fast forward, I married my boss!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Parenting Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory